This guide will give you an insight on how to install your spoiler to your vehicle with sealant. Please note that installing with sealant is a permanent method of install, and is the best way to secure the spoiler to the car.
To start, you will require the following equipment:
- Alcohol based cleaner (or soapy water)
- Masking tape
- Sealant (Tigerseal recommended)
- Sealant gun
- Microfibre / cloth
- A recommended 2 people where possible
Please follow the steps below when installing your new spoiler:
- Test fit your spoiler without the sealant on it. This gives you an idea of how the spoiler will fit, and where you will need to put the sealant.
- Clean the area thoroughly where the spoiler will be sitting, and ensure that the surface is dry before the next step.
- Spread the sealant in the centre of each mounting point on the spoiler. Do not use too much as this may cause overspill. If overspill occurs, quickly wipe this in an outwards motion from the car with a cloth.
- Get a friend to hold one end, whilst you hold the other, and slowly place the spoiler on the car. DO NOT slide the spoiler, as this will smear the sealant.
- Once the spoiler is on, one of you should apply pressure to force the spoiler into place as much as possible, so that the spoiler fits snug.
- The other person should then get the masking tape, and tightly secure the spoiler to the car with the tape. The more tape the merrier as this will be holding it in place for the next 12 - 24 hours.
- Once you have masked this up, and feel that it is secure, leave the sealant to set for 12 - 24 hours before removing the tape. Preferably in a dry garage where possible. The car can still be driven, however we advise against high speeds / driving if it can be avoided within that time.
- After the sealant has set, remove the masking tape. Do not wash the car for a further 24 hours.
Please note that this guide requires 2 people to be carried out properly. Ensuring you have cleaned and removed all contaminants from the car and that there is enough sealant on the spoiler is key to this method.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Diversion Automotive / Diversion Stores Limited